Breakdown of Cinema's Forgotten Podcast: Genres and Cinematic Elements We Dearly Miss



I know, I know, the end of last week's podcast promised this week's Breakdown would contain five movie reviews, including several 2014 comedies. Well, circumstances turned me into a dirty rotten liar and maybe even a scoundrel (minus the eye patch and being Steve Martin). It also caused for what I think ended up being a pretty intriguing podcast. Scott and I look at once popular genres (including the romantic comedy genre that gave us major hits like When Harry Met Sally) and several old cinematic elements that have now become either extremely rare or extinct in mainstream movies. It is a bit of nostalgia, but also evidence of why the current mainstream motion picture scene can often feel homogenized and barren of variety.



Also, just because I don't feel like making another "sorry I've rendered this blog into a ghost town but now things will be different" post, I wanted to just sneak that into this post. So, sorry I've rendered this blog a ghost town, but now things will be different. Hopefully, the blog resurrection starts later tonight with some reviews of new Fall TV premieres. Later this week, I'd also like to make a glorious return to writing about life as a stay-at-home dad, which I always intended to keep up after my Pregnancy & Newborn column ended but gloriously failed to accomplish.

Anyway, for now there is a podcast up there for you to listen to.

Comments