My Final "Dad's Eye View"

One of my goals back in 2011 was to land a regular column.  Once I learned I was going to be a dad, I had hopes of becoming a parenting columnist.  I thought it would be a pretty sweet gig to get paid to write about my daily adventures with my newborn.

It was a real thrill when I negotiated a deal with Pregnancy & Newborn in December 2011 to become the newest "Dad's Eye View" columnist.  At the time, I had no idea what to expect as a parent, and wasn't sure if my column would just be 500 word weekly rants about how much a stinky diaper sucks.

Well, parenting ended up being pretty awesome.  I had a lot to say about my adventures with Everett.  It ended up being a lot of fun writing about my life as a new dad.

The really amazing thing is that there were actual real life people who wanted to read about my life as a dad.  I'm humbled by the amount of regular readers I had this past year.  I am really thankful for everyone who took this little journey with me.  So, thank you so much for reading my "Dad's Eye View" column these past 13 months.  It has been a lot of fun, and I hope you enjoyed them.

Well, today is the final "Dad's Eye View".  Please check out the column and join me in closing this chapter of my writing career.

Comments